Thanks for visiting my blog.

Het zou leuk zijn wanneer je een berichtje achterlaat. :-)
I would appreciate a little message. :-)

Hierbij wil ik Petra bedanken want dankzij haar geweldige site,
www.poohbeers.eigenstart.nl, ben ik met de bouw van mijn poppenhuis begonnen.

Thanks to Petra. Without her nice site, www.poohbeers.eigenstart.nl, I would never been started with my doll house.

Ik probeer de dingen die ik maak zo goed mogelijk te omschrijven maar er kunnen soms typefoutjes in de tekst staan dus controleer van te voren even of het allemaal klopt.

The thing I create I put on my blog. Although I try to make no mistakes it's possible that something went wrong so please check before you make a copy.

zaterdag 3 maart 2012

Marble the stair.

Before I can marble I must ensure that the wood does not look distorted. I've to put a lot of primer on the wood and a lot of sanding. So that's what I've done the last week.


That takes a lot of time. I have to put new primer on the wood and then it must dry and then sand it again. It goes on and on. But I want the wood to look like marble and that looks neat.

I'm also preparing for our holiday. We leave for our holiday over two weeks. We're going to Portugal for the last time. We have inherited a house. It's put into our name so now we can sell it. So I hope the buyers are still interested.


Today I received the book I did order. I'm still trying to get a good picture of the Victorian area. So I have something to read during my holiday.



4 opmerkingen:

  1. Hello Dorien.
    I can't wait to see the stairs marbled! I have that book, it's very interesting and gives a lot of good information.
    I hope you enjoy your holiday and everything goes well with the sale of the house.
    Hugs,
    Giac

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Giac ! I've put on the last layer of primer. ...and then I hope to marble. The wood of the stairs is really bad wood...that's a little disappointing. I've seen the way you're making marble tiles on cardboard that's really amazing. I'm gonna try it on wood and using a natural sponge so I'm praying that the result isn't disappointing because then I have to sand again.

      Verwijderen
  2. Hello Dorien!
    I am enjoying reading your posts! I was most interested in the "Versailles" floor you did. It is wonderful and I will be attempting it in my house. I have never done such an intricate floor and yours is amazing to see. I am unclear on the veneer cutting device you used........sorry.....would you possibly consider sharing more information about this cutting tool and board?
    Thank you for the kind words on my blog! I appreciate what you have to say and hope you will be a regular visitor. I will certainly be watching your progress.
    With kind regard,
    Ray

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hello Ray.
    I've only chosen the floor but my husband did all the work. I'll try to explain his way of working in a blog.
    When there are still some questions don't hesitate to ask me.
    I love your blog. You make wonderful things. I wished I had your skills.
    Lots of greetings
    Dorien

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen